Drupal is a free and open source content management framework written in PHP. It is used as a back-end system for at least 1% of all websites worldwide ranging from personal blogs to larger corporate sites.
The rapid website assembling, the modularity and the extensible architecture of Drupal provide an ideal ground to develop powerful web apps. Drupal has a thriving community behind it and the framework provides very powerful tools for customisation. It has zero software acquisition cost, it runs on industry standard LAMP stack and it has a proven security record.
- Resume & Interviews Preparation Support
- Hands on Experience on One Live Project.
- 100 % Placement Assistance
- Resume Preparation
- Interview Preparation
- Multiple Flexible Batches
At the end of Drupal CMS Training Course, Participants will be able to:
- How to build data driven websites.
- How to use Drupal’s API, permissions system, and extensible framework
- Weekdays:4 Weeks
- Basic Knowledge of HTML
- Basic Knowledge of PHP
- Basic Knowledge of CSS
- Basic Knowledge of Core Java
Who Should Attend?
1.1 Drupal Administration
- What is a CMS? What is a social site/network?
- Looking at a basic Drupal page what does it include?
- (header, blocks, links, comments….)
- What if you need custom storage?
- adding a table to Drupal’s DB
- using the .install file for installation and updating
1.3 Basic Site configuration
- Date and time
- Files uploads
1.4 Object-oriented Programming In PHP
- Concepts And Basics Of Oops
- Class Methods
- Instances Of Classes
- Class Properties
- Access Modifiers
- content submission
- creating new content types with CCK
- CCK add-ons and field types
- WYSIWYG in Drupal (currently teaching TinyMCE integration)
- working with media images, audio, video
1.6 Users administration
- creating roles
- editing users’ details and blocking users
- Forms API
- FAPI, uugggh another acronym don’t be scared FAPI is good
- Why use an API? writing forms HTML is really easy!
1.7 Custom nodes
- How to create a custom node
- Why not just use CCK? A comparison
- A node module’s tacklebox hook_load, hook_update, hook_delete, etc.
1.8 Site’s structure
- Modules (choose, download, install, configure)
- Access Control
1.9 Drupal modules development
- How is Drupal built?
- What is “Core”
- Drupal’s folder structure and why its important.
1.10 Tools and Rules
- Drupal coding standards
- demonstration of api.drupal.org and the API module
- writing secure code
- Tricks of the trade
- Devel and coder module
1.10 Hooks & Theming
- We fishing or writing code?
- Overview of what a hook is
- Demonstration of a hook
- Simple module implementing hook_nodeapi and drupal_set_message($op).
Drupal is content management software. It’s used to make many of the websites and applications you use every day. Drupal has great standard features, like easy content authoring, reliable performance, and excellent security. … Or, integrateDrupal with external services and other applications in your infrastructure.
Classes are held on weekdays and weekends. You can check available schedules and choose the batch timings which are convenient for you.
Towards the end of the course, all participants will be required to work on a project to get hands on familiarity with the concepts learnt. This project will be reviewed by our instructors and industry experts. On successful completion, you will be awarded a certificate.